Reason #5 to be excited about Dreamforce: Location
Location, location, location
By this time next week, Dreamforce will be in full swing! People from around the world will begin descending upon San Francisco as early as Friday night in anticipation of a great week #GTKTC, a.k.a. getting to know the community! While there will be plenty to do during the conference Tuesday through Friday, there is also an amazing city to be explored when there is some downtime. San Francisco is an amazing city that you will leave wanting to stay. Here are a few helpful sites to help you maximize your time:
- Dreamforce FAQ page has all the official details
- DF Guide to parties, places and activities in and around Dreamforce created by AppExchange Partner arrowpointe
- Trip Advisor has tips for travelers written by travelers. Community strikes again, yay!
- San Francisco Travel provides visitors with range of information about the area
- 511.org has all your transportation information for the Bay Area
- UBER makes an app that lets you book a taxi instantly to get around (available on iPhone and Android)
With so many options it’s easy to get lost in amazement by all there is to see and do. If you’re into sports like me, then you’re in luck. The division leading Giants are playing baseball at home all week as they try to clinch a playoff berth. They host the Colorado Rockies Monday-Thursday, then the San Diego Padres Friday-Sunday. Tickets are as low as $5.95. I plan to catch a game before heading back East. For football fans who come in early, you could catch the 49ers take on the Detroit Lions Sunday night (9/16). Unfortunately, I won’t get in early enough for this early season match-up between two teams with title hopes. Either way, it’s an exciting time for sports fans in the city. Here are some other popular ideas for things to do when you’re not enjoying Dreamforce:
While you’re out and about, will you check in on Foursquare? There’s one already up for Dreamforce and rumor has it the Community Lounge will have their own available before the end of the week! If you just want to know how to find the lounge, here is the address for the Marriott Marquis.
If you missed out on registration for the fourth annual Dreamforce 2012 Tweetup, you can add your name to the wait list. Otherwise, check out the parties listed (and broken down by day!!!) on DF Guide for alternatives.
Of course, there will be plenty of action going on in Dreamforce Plaza and I’m not just talking about the Red Hot Chili Peppers, which I am personally very excited to see for the first time live. For a list of all local bands and activities on the Plaza, login to the Dreamforce App and check out the schedule.
Phew! All this talk about the all there is to see and do at Dreamforce and in San Francisco in general leads me to the topic of my next post…social. Blog you soon!
Tags: cloud computing, community, continuing education, dreamforce, education, golden gate bridge, Radian6, SaaS, Salesforce, salesforce.com, san francisco, social, social enterprise, social monitoring, sports
About chriszulloBoston born and bred sports geek with a twist. Unabashed sports nut and technology enthusiast. Living in the cloud literally and figuratively as a SaaS (Software as a Service) advocate that wants to see as much of the world in person as manageable.
- Who doesn't like free? 2 cert vouchers for all who register for TrailheaDX by 6/1! #BlazeYourTrail - infl.tv/NY2 9 hours ago
- Look forward to watching this online @salesforcedevs #TDX17 5 days ago
- @DeniseCarbone4 @ToyaGatewood @kimmykimexp @SaaSy_Sistah @RakiaMC @ChicagoSFDCUG An updated version. Maybe DJ Pinky… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago